Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May 28th and 29th

Well, I'm just a little past the half way point.  It is looking like I'm running out of time.  I have way too many ideas and things I want to try before my veggie quest is done.

I don't feel any different, I don't think there are any changes in me mentally or physically.  Some of the guys at Matador think I'm a little cranky because I can't eat pork.  Meh.... It's not really a challenge any longer.

My "weekend" had a little too much yard work and not quite enough cooking.  The yard is looking great, so I'm not complaining.  Anyhow, for lunches, I took the easy way out.  Tofurkey sandwiches.


This little fellow is a grilled cheese tofurkey mess of love.  I started off by frying up the tofurkey slices in some olive oil.  A little butter on the bread then I built the masterpiece.  Bread, Swiss cheese, tofurkey, pickles, American cheese, tofurkey, Swiss Cheese, tofurkey, American cheese, bread.  Layer upon layer of love.  A side of potato salad and a few extra pickles and I was a happy camper.

I gobbled up a spicy "chicken" boca burger for lunch today.


I fried it on a flat top in a touch of olive oil, a tasty slice of melted Swiss cheese and some more of Grandma's pickles.  It was great.  A side of BBQ chips and some potato salad made things complete.

Sorry there wasn't anything more exciting on the menu this weekend.  My plan was to try out all of the 'store bought' stuff right away then try and work some magic to jazz it up.  I was hoping that once I had a good feel for what was available then I could get the creative juices flowing.  This little veggie plan may take more time than I thought.  I don't really plan on staying vegetarian for more than my 30 days, but I think I may need to keep trying new stuff once my tour of veggie land is over.

 More to come tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Paul!

    I LUUUV Matador, and am happy to see of your personal adventure! I'm happy to be the gal who comes in and always orders the vegan burrito with FREE guac! Thank you for such generosity :)
    I wanted to let you know of a great, local group through meetup.com called Fort Veg*n. We host potlucks, hikes, game nights, and restaurant outings! It's an awesome way to try delicious foods, meet compassionate people, and get recipes. Not everyone is vegan, but we ask that the potluck foods be, so all can enjoy the food. I am amazed every time at how happy my taste buds are, and there's SO much food! There are no obligations to the group, just RSVP and show up when you can!
    I wish you all the best in the rest of your veggie journey. Remember all of those delicious whole foods - grains, legumes, beans, and lots of veggies. Baby steps, I know ;)
    Cheers, Blessings, and I"ll look for you next time at Matador!

    ReplyDelete