Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May 23rd (Day 9 finished)

Nothing too spectacular today.  I fried up some veggie bacon.


It wasn't too shabby.  I think it would work great in an omelet.  Maybe on a sandwich.. A BLAT or some other such delicious idea.  Anyhow, I was going to toss it into a breakfast burrito but we got a little jammed up at Matador today so I didn't have time.

I ran by the new Cafe Rio for a late lunch today.  The Veggie Burrito was a big let down.  It was only rice and beans.  I'm not trying to review their food and I don't have any intention on bashing the fine folks over there.  I have had their meat offerings in the past and they do make some fine products, but I don't know why they would even bother putting a veggie burrito on the menu.

The more restaurants I visit, the more disappointed I am in their veggie offerings.  The  biggest reason I wanted to go vegetarian is so we could take Matador to the next level of veggie love.  Toss out veggie Meccas like Rainbow or Tasty Harmony and I don't think there are many options worth talking about.  Sure, you could track down a some pasta or a pizza.  Maybe even get lucky with some Mexican, but it is slim pickings out there.

I got lazy for dinner and didn't really feel like cooking.  I tossed together a Tofu Turkey sandwich.


It worked.  If I had been eating meat, I probably would have just done meat, cheese and mustard.  I made a better sandwich than I normally would have.  Tomatoes, red onions, pickles (grandma's) a touch of Miracle Whip and some mustard.  Yes, I said Miracle Whip.  It is quite possibly one of the greatest culinary inventions in the history of man.  That is not a point anyone can argue against.  Anyhow, toss a few carrots in there and a glass of water and that little meal wasn't only good, but good for me.

I have bigger plans for tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. And I love how you serve your sandwich on a beautiful birthday plate. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I was too lazy to cook anything for dinner, there was no way I was going to make any dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you eaten at Raska? As a vegetarian, this is one of my favorite restaurants in town. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete